Do you care about your neighborhood and want to make it a better place? Do you know a lot of people who could use a little extra help? You can earn some extra cash while helping your neighbors.
Job Title: Working Cities Community Navigator
Reports to: Working Cities Initiative Director
Time and compensation: estimated 5-15 hours per week, $15/hr
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Summary: Working Cities Pittsfield (WCP) is a community led partnership where everyone works together toward the goal of a just, thriving, and safe community. We view Pittsfield as a community of hope and opportunity, where all residents are actively engaged in shaping their city. WCP is hiring part-time Community Navigators who will work within a team to connect residents to needed resources, represent WCP and its model for change within their community, and serve as local experts in community outreach and engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(The duties listed below are intended only as examples of the various types of work. A lack of specific tasks does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related to the position.)
- Connects residents to public resources of the city, school district or geographic area and assists in any calls or filling out forms as needed
- Participates in, coordinates, and/or attends community events such as community forums, as a representative of the WCP team
- Distributes information to residents to describe what, where, and when city resources are available to them
- Conducts outreach to neighbors in group or one-on-one settings in various locations including but not limited to community events, local agencies, civic forums
- Participates in gathering community data to assess programs, identify barriers and perceptions, and the need for additional community resources, etc.
- Participates in trainings and Working Cities Wednesday meetings related to the WCP mission to build and maintain current knowledge base of available resources in City of Pittsfield
- Serves as a positive ambassador for the Working Cities’ mission
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications may include
- Good problem solver
- Ability to work within a team
- Spark, imagination, and creativity are important
- Good knowledge of the community resources available within the City of Pittsfield
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, well-organized, with excellent follow-through
- Ability to work comfortably and respectfully with diverse people
- Basic knowledge and use of computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software preferred, training will be offered if necessary
- Willingness to learn as you go
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English well enough to perform the essential functions of the position
- Bilingual skills in Spanish a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; or direct relevant experience required/preferred
- A current driver’s license and available vehicle is preferred
Must be able to work flexible schedule, some nights and weekends.
Please send a resume or a list of matching skills and knowledge along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 14.